An experienced driving instructor will turn out to be one of the most influential people in your life. Whilst everyone takes driving for granted, it’s easily forgotten how dangerous driving can be. Learning to drive safely can be a life-saving skill. Therefore, make sure you find yourself an experienced driving instructor Melbourne who can teach you skills that you will have for the rest of your life and keep you safe on the roads.
As safety is paramount at Darshan Driving School, we share the Top 15 Tips from an experienced driving instructor to help you learn how to drive safely:
- Know your road rules inside and out.
- Read and obey all road signs and traffic signals.
- Know your route or ensure you have a reliable navigation system. Not knowing where you are going can be a huge distraction.
- Adjust and check all your mirrors. Also do a head check when changing lanes to make sure there is no other vehicle in your mirror blind-spot.
- Slow down at every intersection. Make sure you observe either the Stop sign or Give Way sign.
- Use your indicators to let others to know your movements.
- Keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you. This gives you leeway for the unexpected.
- Drive within the speed limits and make sure to slow right down for school zones.
- Stay Focused. Do not let mobile phones, music or conversations with passengers distract you.
- Take a break during long distance driving.
- Do NOT drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Make sure that any car seats, or restraints for children are fitted correctly.
- Make sure you leave in plenty of time to safely arrive at your destination. Speed Kills.
- Only drive when you are in the right frame of mind. Never drive if you are feeling angry, anxious, distressed or flustered.
- Last but not least; join a driving school with experienced driving instructors!They will teach you all you need to know on how to stay safe on the roads.
We trust you found these driving tips from our experienced driving instructor useful. Our experienced instructors atDarshan Driving School are dedicated and passionate to pass on their knowledge to you that will keep you safe for life!